Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Adele Tells Vogue She's 'Done With Being A Bitter Witch'


While 2012 has certainly had its fair share of ups and downs, Adele is rolling in deep praise these days for all the work she did in 2011. Last year, the British singer wowed the world with her soulful, powerhouse of a voice, sending our hearts and iPods into overdrive. We were capitvated by the emotionally-layered content behind each and every lyric -- all focused around the pain and anguish of heartache. That's powerful stuff. And though her breakup-centric album, 21, brought her so much fame and success, Adele recently revealed that she's done singing heartbreak tracks...at least for the time being.

In the March issue of Vogue magazine, Adele opened up about her plans for a future album, announcing that it won't be focused on breakups this time around. She said, "Come on! I'm wifey material! I'm great. No one's got to be brave. It's not like, 'You f--- me over and I'm going to write a record and make you the most hated man in the world.' I am never writing a breakup record again, by the way," adding, "I'm done with being a bitter witch." Well, there goes half the female population's form of breakup therapy.

But future plans aside, Adele also talked to the magazine about her then-impending Grammy performance, admitting that she was nervous to debut her voice post-surgery. She said, "I'm nervous whenever I perform. But seeing that it will be the first time opening my mouth again onstage in front of my peers? I'm sh---in' myself." But we all know she had absolutely no need to worry. Her Grammy performance (which aired last night) was nothing short of phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment