Thursday, February 23, 2012

Courtney Love: I’ve never presented myself as a fucking role model

In a searingly candid interview with The Fix, rock’s rowdiest icon Courtney Love, 46,  sounds off on drugs, sex, rehab, rich people, Kurt Cobain, Gwyneth Paltrow and Pamela Anderson’s ass.  (And that’s just part one.) 
 ”I’m just trying my best to stay alive.  I’ve been maligned as this drug freak for years, and I’m getting tired of it.  That’s not the way I live anymore. Obviously I’ve had a lot of issues in the past, but that was years ago. Since then, I’ve worked really hard to get myself together, but for some reason I’ve remained a punch-line. You know, I try to work a good program. I don’t do smack. I don’t do crack anymore.  I’ve never taken Special K or Ecstasy. I’ve been tempted, but every time I’ve wanted to try EcI was talked out of it. I did do M.D.M.A., however, a very long time ago. I’ve always been an early adapter. But I still can’t escapthe stigma for some reason. Even people like Kelly Osbourne feel free to fuck with me.” 
“Now that I’m trying to stay sober, I try my best to stay away from that crowd , but it’s not always easy. These days, I’m very virginal when it comes to drugs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment