Friday, March 23, 2012

Carey Mulligan

Hollywood starlet Carey Mulligan who is a BAFTA Award winner has confessed that she never wanted to be a film actress. Mulligan made her big screen debut as Kitty Bennet in Pride & Prejudice and soon received widespread recognition for her role in An Education.
 However, even after been counted in one of the top actresses of Hollywood the 25-year old says that she is happier doing theatre.
 The actress will soon be seen in Broadway play Ingmar Bergman’s Through A Glass Darkly in which she portrays the role of a mentally ill woman.
 “It’s thrilling. Literally, all I wanted to do as a child was be in a Broadway play and live in New York. I’m kind of on cloud nine,” Carey quoted.
 “I’m more consumed by theatre than I am by film. I never really set out to be a film actress. I love it and I’m incredibly lucky but I find it easier to throw myself into a play.”
 “I’m always much more self-aware and self-conscious when I’m doing film because cameras really freak me out,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment