Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hollywood for sale: Debbie Reynolds to sell her Hollywood memorabilia

Debbie Reynolds, 79, spent more than 40 years and millions of dollars trying to build a Hollywood memorabilia museum to house her collection of costumes, cars and props from Tinseltown’s greatest cinematic productions.   On June 18,  Debbie Reynolds (who starred in such hit movies as Singin’ in the Rain and The Unsinkable Molly Brown) will auction off 600 of the best Hollywood treasures she’s collected over her lifetime. The rest of her items will be sold in December, with the estimated profits going toward paying off Reynolds’ debts.
 “I’ve always loved movies . . . I’m a fan. But I don’t produce films. So my small way of contributing was collecting.”  In 1971, Fox went bankrupt, liquidating its assets  and Debbie Reynolds swooped in to build her collection. “Credit card, credit card, credit card . . . bought me a lot of things,” she explains.

No comments:

Post a Comment